Fully dissolved, high purity, molecular serum.
Derived from wild-yam, ultra pure, enzyme extracted process and tested for purity.
Bio-Identical Progesterone, 1 ounce (32ml) bottle.
Total progesterone per bottle: 2,700 mg.
3mg per drop.
Drops per bottle: ~900.
Approximate serving size: 3-6 drops.
Other ingredients: Mixed tocopherols, MCT oil.
*Refrigeration not necessary. Stable for 1 year after opening, 3 years if sealed.
What is Progesterone?
Progesterone is the basic hormone for adaptation and resistance to stress. Having adequate amounts of progesterone in the body prevents the excess production of cortisol, one of our primary stress hormones.
Progesterone is not only very important in women, sometimes labeled a 'Master Hormone', but also important in men as it is required for testosterone production, bone health, and prostate health. It protects the overall structure of tissues and prevents their degradation.
It inhibits enzymes that increase the production of estrogen, serotonin, and histamine, and decreases enzymes that promote the excitatory neurotransmitters such as ACTH and NMDA.
Progesterone can also protect against the toxic effects of excess estrogen. This can cause symptoms such as in PMS, endometriosis, PCOS, and so forth.
Mainly - progesterone is anti-cortisol, and anti-estrogen.
Progesterone may benefit:
- Estrogen dominance
- PMS symptoms
- Brain health
- Skin firmness & elasticity
1. Chishti YZ, Feswick A, Martyniuk CJ. Progesterone increases ex vivo testosterone production and decreases the expression of progestin receptors and steroidogenic enzymes in the fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas) ovary. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2014 Apr 1;199:16-25. doi: 10.1016/j.ygcen.2014.01.004. Epub 2014 Jan 21. PMID: 24462459.
2. Mohammed H, Russell IA, Stark R, et al. Progesterone receptor modulates ERα action in breast cancer [published correction appears in Nature. 2015 Oct 1;526(7571):144. Serandour, Aurelien A A[Corrected to Serandour, Aurelien A]]. Nature. 2015;523(7560):313-317. doi:10.1038/nature14583
3. Stanczyk FZ. Treatment of postmenopausal women with topical progesterone creams and gels: are they effective? Climacteric. 2014 Dec;17 Suppl 2:8-11. doi: 10.3109/13697137.2014.944496. Epub 2014 Sep 6. PMID: 25196424.
4. Smith SS. Progesterone administration attenuates excitatory amino acid responses of cerebellar Purkinje cells. Neuroscience. 1991;42(2):309-20. doi: 10.1016/0306-4522(91)90377-z. PMID: 1654533.
5. El-Etr M, Rame M, Boucher C, et al. Progesterone and nestorone promote myelin regeneration in chronic demyelinating lesions of corpus callosum and cerebral cortex. Glia. 2015;63(1):104-117. doi:10.1002/glia.22736
6. Formby B, Wiley TS. Progesterone inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in breast cancer cells: inverse effects on Bcl-2 and p53. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 1998 Nov-Dec;28(6):360-9. PMID: 9846203.
7. Cowan LD, Gordis L, Tonascia JA, Jones GS. Breast cancer incidence in women with a history of progesterone deficiency. Am J Epidemiol. 1981 Aug;114(2):209-17. doi: 10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a113184. PMID: 7304556.
8. MEDICAL TREATMENT OF MALE PATTERN ALOPECIA (ANDROGENIC ALOPECIA)
9. Correction of hormonal imbalance in patients with diffuse forms of mastopathy – the basis of pathogenetic therapy and oncoprophylaxis
10. Brkic, M. , Vujovic, S. , Ivanisevic, M. , Ivovic, M. , Gajic, M. , Marina, L. , Barac, M. , Barac, B. , Djogo, A. , Malesevic, G. and Franic, D. (2016) The Influence of Progesterone Gel Therapy in the Treatment of Fibrocystic Breast Disease. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 6, 334-341. doi: 10.4236/ojog.2016.65042.
11. Topical progesterone cream has an antiproliferative effect on estrogen-stimulated endometrium.
12. POSTHUMUS RG. [The use and the possibilities of progesterone in the treatment of glaucoma]. Ophthalmologica. 1952 Jul;124(1):17-25. Undetermined Language. doi: 10.1159/000301245. PMID: 12983046.