Vitamin E in Organic Olive Oil base.
Each bottle contains:
120 bovine softgels of molecular distilled, mixed tocopherols (chemical/solvent free extraction), in organic olive oil.
Serving size: 2 softgels daily.
Each 1 softgel contains:
Alpha tocopherol: 134mg
Gamma tocopherol: 150 mg
Delta tocopherol: 50 mg
Beta tocopherol: ~5 mg
Other Ingredients: gelatin (bovine), glycerin, purified water (softgel).
Why take Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is our primary defense against the damage done by the accumulation and oxidation of both Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFA) and excess iron in our tissues, blood, and organs.
This is a result of a lifetime of consumption of industrial junk food! Namely:
- Fried foods
- Chips, tortillas (even the ones marketed as 'healthy' that are fried in seed oil)
- Vegetable/Canola/Sunflower/Grapeseed/Safflower/Soybean oil
- Any other nut or seed derived oil
- Nut butters
- Nuts & seeds
- Grocery store (shelf-stable) breads and wraps
- Omega-3 supplements
and lots more (read ingredient labels!)
The more of these foods that you have consumed, the more you have pushed your body into a Vitamin E deficiency [1-4].
When we eat foods with high amounts of Omega 3 and Omega 6 PUFA, these oils are highly susceptible to oxidizing in our bodies that are filled with heat and oxygen.
When they oxidize, they form a plastic-like material that clogs up and suffocates our cells! This is called lipofuscin. You can read about that in detail in the Learn section from the "Omega 3's are Toxic" post.
Beyond that, they cause a host of breakdown products that contribute to a domino effect of slowing the metabolism, estrogen increase, cortisol increase, inflammation, fatigue, depression, and so much more.
- Helps prevent the oxidation of PUFA*
- Assists in reversing lipofuscin*
- Decreases excess estrogen (inhibits the enzyme aromatase)*
- Promotes weight loss*
- Improves cell waste detoxification*
- Reverses age pigment/liver spots/age spots*
- Increases fertility*
- Helps cells utilize oxygen*
- Mitigate macular degeneration*
- Improves insulin resistance*
As Horwitt (1974) says "...it is relatively difficult to incorporate much more than 20 IU of a-tocopherol into some diets using normal foods that are compatible with our cultural patterns. "
Vitamin E is heat sensitive and is lost significantly in cooking processes. Even though there are small amounts of Vitamin E in all PUFA containing foods, the vast majority of it is lost by the time we consume them.
In order to tip the scales and bring our bodies back into balance, we need to supplement with Vitamin E. Once we understand the context of the world we are in, and the foods we've eaten throughout our lives and continue to eat, it only makes sense. Sometimes we need to take slightly unnatural measures to counteract the unnatural world we live in.
In another context, we could all agree that living an enjoyable life is extremely important. Having a few Vitamin E pills to bring when you treat yourself to some fries, or go out to eat with friends who may not be as health conscious, is a great tool to have so that you don't have to miss out or restrict yourself from enjoying certain events or foods in moderation. Balance is key.
LifeBlud Vitamin E was sourced with quality as the absolute main priority. As someone who is very particular with what he puts in his body, my promise is to only provide supplements that I want to take myself, and feel completely cormfortable with (and in high amounts).
This means a few things:
1. Naturally sourced Vitamin E mixed tocopherols.
2. Molecular-distilled extraction method. Meaning the tocopherols are extracted using a distillation, and completely free of any chemicals/solvents/and extreme heat.
3. In a non-PUFA oil base. The carrier oil in this product is organic olive oil.
4. No filler, no unnecessary (chemical) ingredients.
Most Vitamin E products on the market, although they can be cheaper, have a few key problems. They are
- In a base of PUFA oil. Soybean/sunflower/flaxseed. You end up taking the poison with the antidote.
- Not naturally sourced: marked as "dl-alpha.." instead of "d-alpha.."
Whether you use it every day in moderate to high dose to reverse a lifetime of PUFA consumption, or just take a couple with you to mitigate the stressful effects of certain foods when you're out enjoying your life, quality is paramount. Or else what's the point?
1. M. K. Horwitt, Ph.D., Status of human requirements for vitamin E, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 27, Issue 10, October 1974, Pages 1182–1193. sci-hub.se/10.1093/ajcn/27.10.1182
2. Valk EE, Hornstra G. Relationship between vitamin E requirement and polyunsaturated fatty acid intake in man: a review. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2000 Mar;70(2):31-42. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10804454/
3. Raederstorff D, Wyss A, Calder PC, Weber P, Eggersdorfer M. Vitamin E function and requirements in relation to PUFA. Br J Nutr. 2015 Oct 28;114(8):1113-22. Epub 2015 Aug 21. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26291567/
4. Bässler KH. On the problematic nature of vitamin E requirements: net vitamin E. Z Ernahrungswiss. 1991 Sep;30(3):174-80. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1763554/
5. Winstanley EK, Pentreath VW. Lipofuscin accumulation and its prevention by vitamin E in nervous tissue: quantitative analysis using snail buccal ganglia as a simple model system. Mech Ageing Dev. 1985 Mar;29(3):299-307. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3990384/
6. Liu M, Wallin R, Wallmon A, Saldeen T. Mixed tocopherols have a stronger inhibitory effect on lipid peroxidation than alpha-tocopherol alone. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2002 May;39(5):714-21. doi: 10.1097/00005344-200205000-00012. PMID: 11973415. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11973415/
*These Statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Association, or Health Canada. These products are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.