Truly 100% Canadian Cultivated Lion's Mane mushroom (Hericium Erinaceus - Fruiting Body)
Sustainably Cultivated and organically grown in Canada.
Ultrasonic extraction at low-temperature, high-speed, for 48 hours
60ml (2 fl. oz) per bottle
3:1 ALCOHOL FREE dual-extract
Medicinal Ingredients: (per serving - 2 ml)
Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus - Fruiting body) – 69 mg
Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water.
Verified Beta-D-Glucans > 25%
Organically cultivated Lion’s Mane
No fillers or grains
Made with the whole fruiting body
99.7% pure Vegetable Glycerin, derived from non-GMO rapeseed oil
What are the benefits of Lion's Mane?
Lion's Mane is one of, or maybe the most esteemed of the medicinal mushrooms. It is typically known for its anti-anxiety, focus, and mood supporting qualities. It is also known to improve memory, reduce neurodegeneration, and reduce the inflammatory stress caused by (intestinal) bacterial endotoxin.
The benefits of the Lion's Mane include antibiotic, anticarcinogenic, antidiabetic, antifatigue, antihypertensive, antihyperlipodemic, antisenescence, cardioprotective, hepatoprotective, nephroprotective, and neuroprotective properties and improvement of anxiety, cognitive function, and depression. The described anti-inflammatory, antioxidative, and immunostimulating properties in cells, animals, and humans seem to be responsible for the multiple health-promoting properties. 
Lion's Mane contains:
- Neuroprotective aromatic compounds, (Hericenones and Erinacines)
- Minerals (zinc, selenium, copper, potassium, manganese)
- B vitamins
- Amino acids
Unique 'ultrasonic' extraction method:
Traditional solvent extraction using organic ethanol, mixed with cold water, high speed friction extract. The medicinal components of Lion's Mane and other mushrooms include not only polysaccharides but proteins, sterols, SOD, and enzymes including catalase, peroxidase, RNAase, and DNAase, all of which are damaged or destroyed by temperatures above 180ºF. Instead of direct heat source exposure to liquid, we utilize high speed stirring at approximately 1,500 RPM for 48 hours to release and extract components using heat created by friction. This promotes molecular breakdown of chitin from cell walls while reducing any risk of medicinal compound damage from direct heat exposure.
1. Friedman M. Chemistry, Nutrition, and Health-Promoting Properties of Hericium erinaceus (Lion's Mane) Mushroom Fruiting Bodies and Mycelia and Their Bioactive Compounds. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Aug 19;63(32):7108-23. doi: 10.1021/acs.jafc.5b02914. Epub 2015 Aug 5. PMID: 26244378.
2. Kushairi N, Phan CW, Sabaratnam V, David P, Naidu M. Lion's Mane Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Bull.: Fr.) Pers. Suppresses H2O2-Induced Oxidative Damage and LPS-Induced Inflammation in HT22 Hippocampal Neurons and BV2 Microglia. Antioxidants (Basel). 2019 Aug 1;8(8):261. doi: 10.3390/antiox8080261. PMID: 31374912; PMCID: PMC6720269.
3. Wong KH, Naidu M, David RP, Bakar R, Sabaratnam V. Neuroregenerative potential of lion's mane mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Bull.: Fr.) Pers. (higher Basidiomycetes), in the treatment of peripheral nerve injury (review). Int J Med Mushrooms. 2012;14(5):427-46. doi: 10.1615/intjmedmushr.v14.i5.10. PMID: 23510212.
4. Chong PS, Fung ML, Wong KH, Lim LW. Therapeutic Potential of Hericium erinaceus for Depressive Disorder. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Dec 25;21(1):163. doi: 10.3390/ijms21010163. PMID: 31881712; PMCID: PMC6982118.
5. Nagano M, Shimizu K, Kondo R, Hayashi C, Sato D, Kitagawa K, Ohnuki K. Reduction of depression and anxiety by 4 weeks Hericium erinaceus intake. Biomed Res. 2010 Aug;31(4):231-7. doi: 10.2220/biomedres.31.231. PMID: 20834180.
6. Yao W, Zhang JC, Dong C, Zhuang C, Hirota S, Inanaga K, Hashimoto K. Effects of amycenone on serum levels of tumor necrosis factor-α, interleukin-10, and depression-like behavior in mice after lipopolysaccharide administration. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2015 Sep;136:7-12. doi: 10.1016/j.pbb.2015.06.012. Epub 2015 Jul 4. PMID: 26150007.
7. Tsai-Teng T, Chin-Chu C, Li-Ya L, Wan-Ping C, Chung-Kuang L, Chien-Chang S, Chi-Ying HF, Chien-Chih C, Shiao YJ. Erinacine A-enriched Hericium erinaceus mycelium ameliorates Alzheimer's disease-related pathologies in APPswe/PS1dE9 transgenic mice. J Biomed Sci. 2016 Jun 27;23(1):49. doi: 10.1186/s12929-016-0266-z. PMID: 27350344; PMCID: PMC4924315.
8. Mori K, Obara Y, Moriya T, Inatomi S, Nakahata N. Effects of Hericium erinaceus on amyloid β(25-35) peptide-induced learning and memory deficits in mice. Biomed Res. 2011 Feb;32(1):67-72. doi: 10.2220/biomedres.32.67. PMID: 21383512.
9. Zhang, Junrong et al. “The Neuroprotective Properties of Hericium erinaceus in Glutamate-Damaged Differentiated PC12 Cells and an Alzheimer's Disease Mouse Model.” International journal of molecular sciences vol. 17,11 1810. 1 Nov. 2016, doi:10.3390/ijms17111810
10. Brandalise F, Cesaroni V, Gregori A, et al. Dietary Supplementation of Hericium erinaceus Increases Mossy Fiber-CA3 Hippocampal Neurotransmission and Recognition Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2017;2017:3864340. doi:10.1155/2017/3864340
11. Lai PL, Naidu M, Sabaratnam V, Wong KH, David RP, Kuppusamy UR, Abdullah N, Malek SN. Neurotrophic properties of the Lion's mane medicinal mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Higher Basidiomycetes) from Malaysia. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2013;15(6):539-54. doi: 10.1615/intjmedmushr.v15.i6.30. PMID: 24266378.
12. Khan MA, Tania M, Liu R, Rahman MM. Hericium erinaceus: an edible mushroom with medicinal values. J Complement Integr Med. 2013 May 24;10:/j/jcim.2013.10.issue-1/jcim-2013-0001/jcim-2013-0001.xml. doi: 10.1515/jcim-2013-0001. PMID: 23735479.
13. Li W, Zhou W, Kim EJ, Shim SH, Kang HK, Kim YH. Isolation and identification of aromatic compounds in Lion's Mane Mushroom and their anticancer activities. Food Chem. 2015 Mar 1;170:336-42. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.08.078. Epub 2014 Aug 23. PMID: 25306354.
14.. Three-Phase Partitioning for the Extraction and Purification of Polysaccharides from the Immunomodulatory Medicinal Mushroom Inonotus obliquus. (extraction process)
15. Highly Efficient Chaga Extraction via Sonication (extraction process)